News and media
- Launch of Jaguar I-TYPE 3 a new-generation all-electric Formula E racecar
- Faster, more efficient, improved range and over 800 new parts
- Panasonic Jaguar Racing develop first powertrain entirely in-house
GKN steps onto The Formula E grid at Hong Kong season opener
GKN’s multi-year partnership with Panasonic Jaguar Racing made its competitive debut last weekend (2 - 3 December), when the 2017-18 FIA Formula E championship began on the streets of Hong Kong.
- GKN partnership with Panasonic Jaguar Racing made its competitive debut in Hong Kong FIA Formula E races (2 - 3 December 2017)
- Highly competitive performance included a fourth place in Round 1 and the team’s first ever podium result* in Round 2
- Global technology leader will apply driveline and additive manufacturing expertise to Panasonic Jaguar Racing
- Formula E involvement builds on GKN’s rich motorsport heritage
GKN announces partnership with Panasonic Jaguar Racing
The official partnership was announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show, in advance of the 2017/18 FIA Formula E championship that commences in Hong Kong on 2 December, and continues GKN’s longstanding relationship with Jaguar.
Expertise from across GKN will provide technical consultancy and new technology, from driveshafts and differentials to the use of additive manufacturing, for the team’s Formula E race car – the Jaguar I-TYPE 2. GKN Driveline’s considerable experience in delivering state-of-the-art electric vehicle systems means it will also advise on the development of the I-TYPE 2’s all-electric powertrain.